Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Lovely Lu-Lee

I have plenty of other things to catch up on here, but first I wanted to make sure I told you, Luthien what a very happy mama you make me.  I can't believe you are 4 today.  You have become a girl who is a thinker, observer, and dreamer. You are cautious, and new adventures give you LOTS of anxiety, although you have the desire to pursue them.  Your laugh is and has always been totally infectious; you laugh freely but cry that way too.  You love creatures of all kinds and have no fear with them.  You love your family and any babies you see; you love to exercise control over your brother or anyone younger than you using your incredibly mature sounding motherese.

I can't begin to sum you up!

Here are a few things you have discovered you like lately: 
"chili with chips"
chocolate 
flavors of ice cream other than vanilla, plus CONES!
the color pink 
playing pretend anything (instead of reading, sadly) 
setting the table
smelling soaps
saying sounds and words with precise pronunciation

Things you don't like (most of these are not new discoveries):
cleaning up
sleeping
pressure to do or try something
not having enough time to speak your mind
singing at the same time as somebody else

The latter list was pretty hard to think of; you are generally a very agreeable girl I have to say.  

More soon, for now I will leave you with some pictures from your birthday and the days leading up to it:










Love you lots,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment